Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> West by Northwest Toward the Unknown, Prin and Amalie
Prin ti Demsiri
 Posted: Jan 8 2017, 09:55 AM
Quote Post
Outlaw

playerfiles

Prin ti Demsiri

Prin almost laughed at her words about the Djinn liking her. “Arekoz does not like anyone… he likes only Mischief, disruption, and malice, which is his calling card.”

Prin shook his head. “A weapon? That night after the battle between the Aswad and Karzi’s forces… it came down to the green djinn and Arekoz, who won… then he found the multitude of slaves and Aswad warriors a veritable playground… and even played mind games on Kalima and me as we talked inside her tent.”

Aziz took the chest from Prin’s feet, having heard a poultice for Amalie’s wounds. Moving to her, he motioned for her to lay back and pull up her shirt. Then the young man would begin cleaning her wound to apply the treated material. He only looked to Prin as he continued to speak.

Prin tilted his head and paused a bit while the lad went to work on Amalie’s wound. And as he watched Amalie, he smiled and continued… “Arekoz bounced through the ranks of slaves, playing tricks on small groups and individuals… as well as the same with the warriors. The following day there were many tales and more than one slave die because of those games. Many people reported odd dreams and terrible nightmares or what they thought was sleepwalking. Others reported things missing and blame the closest man to them, causing numerous arguments. Slave girls found uncovered food had spoiled and chamber pot contents splashed on their tents. One group of slaves were reported to have gone off screaming into the desert during the night and no one knew where they had gone or what had become of them. The Aswad found some of their horses missing and the tethers that held their camels all twisted into hopeless knots. Nazli's own lieutenant discovered upon waking that both ankles had been tied together and when she stood up, had fallen flat on her face and thus broken her nose. One warrior woke and cried out as he beat himself with his hands, an army of scorpions skittering up his clothes. (Although later he realized not a single one had stung him). Others woke in a different place than they had fallen asleep in, some would wake naked and not be able to find their clothes. A few fights had broken out when men teased others about what they had done during the night, things they didn't remember. Many of the Aswad and the slaves said that they heard laughter in the night, or strange whispers… and by the morning, many were anxious to leave and a great number of the slaves hiked into the desert, more afraid of what the oasis held than of anything else.”

But Prin remembered that morning with Kalima, and he lost his smile. “The worse had come when Kalima saw the Djinn, and Arekoz told her about her feelings and her actions of the night…, and she ran off so embarrassed. As reports came in from what had occurred, Arekoz, sat in my tent, feasting on dates and fruits like he owned the place… and when I stood up to him, he blasted me like he did this evening.” Prin shrugged and looked into the fire. He had purposely left out exactly what Kalima had done… feeling that Amalie did not need to know that. “I got back up, and when I did, an amulet that Kalima had given me years before fell out of my shirt… and Arekoz tried to leave but could not… the amulet seemed to draw him to it… That is when I got an idea.” The man just smiled and sat erect now, almost proud of what he remembered.

“Arekoz began repenting for his antics saying it was mere djinn nature… but he knew I was angry with his arrogance… so I held the amulet like a weapon…” Then the man got up and moved to his bedroll… and deep inside his bag, he took out a beautiful amulet, with a gold chain… and a blue sapphire encase in ornate gold… odd script on the outer edges. Returning back to fire, he saw that Aziz was finished with Amalie’s wound and she was pulling her blood-stained shirt back down.

By the fire, he sat… and as he did, he allowed the amulet to fall from his hand for all to see… and as it spun on the chain, the slight breeze around the watering hole seemed to blow harder… and Prin looked around and called into the night air. “You do not like this, eh Arekoz… I told you I would keep this as you would keep your vows.” And the wind died down to stillness.

The he looked to Amalie and Aziz, who the lad was wide-eyed and maybe a bit frightened. “I used this to get Arekoz into a lamp; which he did not like. So as we prepared to depart the oasis that day, Arekoz vowed ne’r to haunt me, or mine, ever again… and I released him from the lamp.” and he smirked, knowing that Aziz and she were included in the vow.

The flame flickered and a wisp of smoke filtered upward and formed a small face… it was Arekoz, and the djinn, in his smaller form, looked at the amulet, then to the others… finally at Prin. “I shall obey Master…” seemed to be an echo more than a voice…

Prin smiled. “Arekoz, I do not wish to harm you, but to protect me and mine from antics that you cannot seem to control… and I am not your Master… you should be your own Master…”

“Tis nay the way of things Master Prin ti Demsiri…” and the voice dissipated just as the smoke did.
PMEmail PosterAOL
^
Amalie Cartertell
 Posted: Jan 9 2017, 03:46 AM
Quote Post
Competent

Amalie Cartertell

user posted imageuser posted image user posted image

She was rewarded with the reaction she wanted from Prin, a half laugh… or atleast an almost one. Now, Amalie was not the stand up comedian- but she could pull out the odd comment here and there.

“Arekoz does not like anyone… he likes only Mischief, disruption, and malice, which is his calling card.”

She looked at the chest, that he had explained was a gift to her from the Djinn- and then back at Prin, ”Well, if that is the case- I don’t know how I feel about putting that on me….”

Her words were quiet. Her un-trusting nature poking through once again. But had they not been promised safe passage, or at least a period of safety? Whatever hold Prin had over this brown genie…. She was not entirely sure, that it could be completely controlled. She rarely trusted her abilities, to trust those of a complete stranger was another.

A weapon? That night after the battle between the Aswad and Karzi’s forces… it came down to the green djinn and Arekoz, who won… then he found the multitude of slaves and Aswad warriors a veritable playground… and even played mind games on Kalima and me as we talked inside her tent.”

That gave it away to her then. Amalie could collect the pieces together. The way Prin worded it and looked away from her suggested the very history between him and Kalima. But, Amalie would not question it. If Prin wanted to talk about it- he would. When the time was right. And, right now… he probably didn’t feel like it was the right time to tell her anything.

Just like Amalie had not shared her past relationships with him. But they were avoiding the inevitable. One day, they would share those secrets with one another. Though, it was no big deal- unless they still harboured feelings for another, and were lying to one another.

Prin stepped towards her- and for a moment Amalie merely watched him. She was still quite hesitant about the boy touching her. And, it took a lot in her to accept it. She lay down and lifted her shirt, having half removed the bandage herself. The dried blood did not assist the cause- and hurt more when she pulled it off. But she bit her lip and held it in. Showing pain was not something she was happy about doing either.

Her stomach was a mess of bruising and scars. A lighter share in comparison to the parts of her body that would otherwise be exposed to sun. She rested her head back, but would not look at Aziz as he worked the magic contents on her injury. It was extremely cold to her swollen and infected wound. Sending an uncomfortable shiver through her body. She took a deep breath and swallowed. Starring up at the morning sky- she continued to listen to Prin’s story.

When Aziz finished, Amalie sat back up- and looked at the amulet that Prin had spoken of. It was an item of worth, and just as blue as his eyes. It was a gift of great worth- and even moreso, it confirmed her previous suspicions. This other woman must have had some importance in their small little world. Where she was now, Amalie did not know…

Amalie felt the shift in the air around them. She felt the same presence she had felt before- she glanced around expecting a smoke like figure to appear. Why would somebody- or something keep returning if he disliked them so much? And then there was Prin goading it even more. Amalie rolled her eyes and took a breath. Glancing at her side- all she could feel was a numbness. No pain, just coldness.

As she looked up, a form rose in the smoke from the fire. It was hard to make out and personify- but it took on a form that made it recognisable. She watched it, as it succumbed to Prin’s taunts. However, Prin was quick to release the Djinn of whatever hold he had over it- wanting it to belong to its own. But, magic came with a price- and the Djinn was suffering that now.

She watched as it dissipated and seemed to leave their presence. But it would not. It would linger, feasting on their conversation.

”All magic comes with a price, Prin,” she looked up at the godlike feature of her lover and glanced down to the amulet, ”And all those that feel the presence of magic- will suffer at the hands of it. A price must always be paid. And, if that price… is being in service to you- for whatever wrong he caused you, then so be it. Karma has its way.”

If the Djinn had showed her kindness, it may not have been for simply being in the presence of Prin whom appeared to have mastered it, but because she too shared in the realm of magic. And somewhere, in that unchaste reality- those that practiced it, shared a common and neutral ground.

How else would Amalie have been able to pass through the odd lands of the world, without any sort of danger curbing her route. Magic had to have played a part. Perhaps there was some secret oath, that magic-doers would take care of their own, in some form or another.

But with no fire there is no light…
With no light you'll never see,
All the colours in the world.
And all the love that's inside me….

PMEmail Poster
^
Prin ti Demsiri
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 09:12 AM
Quote Post
Outlaw

playerfiles

Prin ti Demsiri

Her reluctance to let Aziz to administer the poultice was overridden by his insistence. A trait that he was learning to develop moreso with her. She would always try to resist his help, but he would persist until she yielded… and he would offer her a smile and continue his work.

Prin: “I am not your Master… you should be your own Master…”
Arekoz: “Tis nay the way of things Master Prin ti Demsiri…”

His mind pondered silently what Arekoz had said. He had no intention of owning anyone, or anything… but the djinn had spoke of the adverse… Did Arekoz feel he was his Master? This would definitely put a twist into his life. He just put the amulet back into his pouch, deep inside under the contents.

“All magic comes with a price, Prin… And all those that feel the presence of magic - will suffer at the hands of it. A price must always be paid. And, if that price… is being in service to you - for whatever wrong he caused you, then so be it. Karma has its way.”

Looking at his beloved Amalie, knowing full well she speaks the truth, and mainly from experience. “Yes my dear… I know… and my use of it before is why I am no longer with the Aswad, especially after what the djinn did to them.” Again, he refrained from speaking about Kalima… her ability as a seer had been limited by the amulet, rather than the djinn.

Time passed… The day seemed short, and the time for them to move onward was nigh. With a night move, the going would be slower, but safer and cooler. At Prin’s word, Aziz had started to collect all the supplies, and get the pack horse readied. The water sacks filled and distributed, extras were hung on the saddle of the packhorse. Their trek to the next Gheltas was two days ride… at night, and resting during the day; though resting during the day would be difficult with the heat.
PMEmail PosterAOL
^
Amalie Cartertell
 Posted: Jan 13 2017, 07:50 AM
Quote Post
Competent

Amalie Cartertell

Amalie spoke truth when she spoke of magic. For her to speak of magic was a rare occurrence- she had kept it hidden from many and still did. Wherever she had been, magic had been frowned upon.

Her tone had been quite harsh and unsympathetic. Especially when the poultice provided by the djinn might just be what she needed. But, it was in her nature to be untrusting and show a resentment to something that she otherwise shared a part in.

The heat of the day passed them by quickly. Either that, or the poultice had Amalie drifting in and out of consciousness as it worked it's magic. She had woken a countless number of times, to be greeted by the concerned eyes of her fellow travellers. More relaxed with each time she woke.

The pain had subsided now and wasn't nearly as bad as it had been. She was thankful for this- especially when Prin called it the hour to move.

With a two day journey to the their next pit stop- they planned to travel fast, resting only during the daylight hours. Even in the desert, rest did not come easy.

As always, Aziz had ensured everything had been prepared. Amalie made slow movements, still cradling an injury she was not going to trust. Nonetheless she had more movement than before.

Riding as well, she was not slumped in the saddle- but once again sitting taller and more prepared. Her body moved with each step the beast beneath her took, in a flowing motion. Nothing stiffening.

Occasionally she would glance to her companions, and in the dark of night- they would move closer to one another, so that they might not loose the rider infront.

By the second day, fatigue was setting into all of them. The heat of day hadn't allowed any rest. Stopping for an evening may have been on the cards.

Amalie had made more improvement as well. She was more capable of doing things and returning to her normal activities.

As the sun was rising on the horizon, she looked to Prin with a smile, "Our next stop is not so far away...."
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins

T
o
g
g
l
e

C
B
o